PARISH LENTEN MISSION RESCHEDULED. The blizzard that hit us this past week also forced a reschedule of our Parish Lenten Mission. Please come and be with us THIS Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights (March 20, 21, 22) at 6 p.m. for our Mission retreat with Franciscan Fr. Phil Pacheco, OFM. Fr. Phil was gracious enough to rework his schedule to be with us this week, so please take the time to come out and be inspired by his words. (And pray for clear weather!!)
- ST. PATRICK'S THANK-YOUS! For those of you who were with us last Saturday night at Bay Pointe Country Club you know what a wonderful parish celebration we had. The food was wonderful, the entertainment was excellent, and most importantly, it was a joyous time to be together and celebrate as a parish family. I want to extend my personal thanks to those who worked so hard to organize the dinner: Anna Marini, Jack Howarth, Kathy Blais, Mary Ann Bostrom, Vinnie and Francine Armstrong, AnnMarie SanFillipo, Linda Mc Guire, Judy Barclay, and John Andrade especially for his hard work in getting us so many great items for the auction and raffle. Your hard work made this such a wonderful night. Thank you!
- FR. TOM'S IRISH SODA BREAD. Some of you asked for the recipe for my Irish bread. Here it is:
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 Tbsp room temperature butter
- 1 cup craisins (or raisins)
- 2 Tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk (cream or whole milk)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, craisins and caraway seeds in large mixing bowl.
- Crumble the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse meal.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add beaten egg and buttermilk and mix with a wooden spoon until dough is too stiff to stir.
- Dust hands with a little flour, then gently knead dough in the bowl just long enough to form a rough ball. Don't over knead. A rough dough is good. If the dough is too sticky to work with, add in a little more flour. The dough will be a little sticky, and shaggy.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased 9 inch pie dish.
- Score top of dough about an inch and a half deep in an "X" shape. (Heat get into the center of the dough while it cooks. You don't want an uncooked center.)
- Sprinkle top with a dash of sugar and a dash of caraway seeds.
- Bake until bread is golden and bottom sounds hollow when tapped, about 35-45 minutes. (You can also test by inserting a toothpick into the thickest section. If it comes out clean, you are done.)
- Remove pan from oven, place on cooling rack. Let bread sit in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove from pan to a rack to cool briefly.
Altar ServersIf you have received your First Holy Communion you are eligible to serve. Please consider serving your church in this special role. Please email: Mrs. Tina Burgess ([email protected]). Thank you.
WelcomeWE WELCOME INTO OUR PARISH FAMILY ...
Alexandria Spencer Moore
Genasis Christine Gumbs
Ava Mc Millan
Harrison Ace Matias
Connor Joseph Estrella
Isabella Rose Louise Coelho
Ava Virginia Howarth
Ainsley Mae Chousa
Daniel Robert Mc Cutcheon
Dylan William-Capen Zander
Ethan Everett Zander
Tyrone Cardoza, Jr.
Abigail Jane Boswinkel
Jack Geoffrey Scotti
Gregory James Hatchell
Marielle Kyle Lima Huffman
Josephine Grace Floyd
Elena Noelle Bunavicz
Alessandra Hope Sielski
Ainslee Faith Manduca
Nicholas Rey Burgos
Leonardo Antonio Carreira
Morgan Fay Dana McCoy
and WE EXTEND CONGRATULATIONS TO THEIR FAMILIES!
EucharisticExtraordinary Eucharistic Ministers help the priest distribute the Precious Body and Blood of Christ during the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
Our Eucharistic Minister Training Program takes place on the first Tuesday of the month from 6 – 7PM at St. Margaret Church. If you are planning on attending please call the Rectory Office and leave your name and phone number. Thank you.
MusicPlease leave a message in the Rectory Office
for Wendy Herren, Director of Music or e-mail [email protected] .
The TABERNACLE LAMP at St. Margaret’s the week of MARCH 18th is IN LOVING MEMORY of Adele Clark.
If you would like to have a Memorial devoted to a loved one for the week, please call the Rectory and we will be glad to assist you in this special remembrance. The Memorials are: the Tabernacle Lamps, Offertory Wine, Altar Bread, Holy Oils and Altar Flowers (Altar Flowers not during Lent).
Cost is $25 per item per week, except for the Tabernacle Lamp ($15 per week).
BirthdaysHAPPY MARCH BIRTHDAY !
Barbara Bello, Raeghan Blake, Art & Stephen Caldarola, Racquel Cardoza, Jaylah Mossey, Juliette Oliver, Frank Rose, Jean & Audrey Ferguson, Fr. Giles Barreda, OFM
LET'S CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY!
To include you in our birthday list, please call the Rectory during the week (9 am - 3pm) and leave your name.
PrayersPARISH COMMUNITY FOR FEBRUARY 2018 – PRAYER LIST
FOR THE SICK OR THOSE IN NEED OF PRAYERS - ALSO PRAYERS FOR OUR MILITARY
THOSE IN NEED OF PRAYERS - Madelyn Alexander, Dorothy Blacador, Michael Cassady, Brenda Covini, Joseph Ellison, Henry Gardyna, Mary Keogh, Robert Miguel, Kate Lonergan, Grace Moore, Tina Morris, Jennifer Rose, Claire Sullivan (broken hip)
FOR OUR MILITARY - Rhiannon Barreda, Pvt Liam W. Brady, SSGT Dillon Caldwell, Kevin Meiers (US Navy), LTJG Michael Feeney, TSGT Kevin Feeney, SSGT Zachary Moitoso, Max Rogers, Jack Rogers (US National Guard)
WE WILL BE STARTING A NEW PRAYER LIST ON MARCH 1st. PLEASE CALL THE RECTORY OFFICE AND GIVE THE INFORMATION TO KATHY TO INCLUDE YOUR LOVED ONES NAME!!!!!!!
Faith FormationFAITH FORMATION UPDATE!!!!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Vincent Armstrong, DRE at 617-823-8976.
KofC Council 2911KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS, COUNCIL #2911: Meets 2nd & 4th Tuesday of Month 7:30 - 9:00pm 5 Armory Rd., Buzzards Bay – 508-759-3100 Hall available for functions.
Second CollectionSECOND COLLECTION NEXT WEEKEND!
The Weekend of March 17th & March 18th will be taken up for “EASTER FLOWERS”. The Weekend of March 24th & March 25th will be taken up for "CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS”. Please give what you can.
SVdP Thrift ShopTHE SVdP THRIFT SHOP IS OPEN !
Our new address is 134 Main Street, across the street from St. Margaret Church. Our Shop Phone number is 508-759-7171. Our Help Request Phone number is 508-759-7191 (NEW). We can always use additional help at the shop. To find out about the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, please call or click our link.
Rest in PeaceRemember in Prayer, Soul of:
Richard P. (Dickie) Cruz (8th Anniv.)
Women's GuildGuild members will attend the 8am Mass during the 1st week of the month, followed by the (monthly) meeting. See our Parish Notes and Event Listing to confirm meeting details.
Secular FranciscansDevotions - 2nd Sunday of Month, 2 pm: Secular Franciscan Order: St. Margaret School Library. Prayer & Meeting. Please contact the Rectory Office if you wish to attend Prayer & Meeting.
For more Secular Franciscan Information, please contact: The Third Order Secular Franciscans
St. Francis of the Cape Fraternity
St. Margaret Church - Buzzards Bay, MA
Prayer for PriestsWEEKLY PRAYER REQUEST FOR PRIESTS
FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 11TH
Rev. Gerald Shovelton, Rev. Msgr. John Smith, Pope Francis, Rev. Christopher Stanibula, Rev. John Sullivan, Rev. Pawel Swiercz, Rev. Rodney Thibault
FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 18TH
Rev. Msgr. Ronald Tosti, Rev. Horace Travassos, Rev. Edward Byington, Rev. Marc Tremblay, Rev. Raymond Vaillancourt, MS, Rev. Bernard Vanasse, Rev. Henry Kropiwnicki, Rev. Joseph Mauritzen